Meditech Communications, a leading medical animation studio, is seeking a highly skilled and multifaceted Technical Director/Rigger. We’re looking for someone who has hands-on technical abilities, creative and design instincts, and big-picture vision with a focus on rigging and animation. This role is split between rigging/technical direction and general animation.
We are a small company with a dozen or so employees so your contribution will make a big impact. You’ll have the opportunity to work on high profile projects for Fortune 500 companies. Our space is comfortable and the atmosphere is casual. Dedication, passion and ambition are key, but so is a balanced life. We don’t expect nor want you to live at the office. Meditech features a modern comfortable office space, collaborative environment and opportunity to be part of a leading animation team.
- – Work as part of a team to create balanced solutions to technical and aesthetic needs
- – Build, test, and create rigs for anatomical and device action
- – Create fluid and particle simulations
- – Contribute to the production process primarily though rigging, but also modeling and animation
- – Support the animation team with MEL and Python scripting to create solutions to common problems
- – Troubleshoot and fix technical issues in Maya related to animation
- – Evaluate motion needs of a project and provide time estimates for technical aspects
- – Work on continual improvement of processes and pipeline
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- – Advanced knowledge of Maya with strong understanding of rigging, skinning, particle systems, and related technologies
- – Ability to construct/deconstruct the mechanics of a device and understand its physics
- – Excellent understanding of production pipeline/workflows with a high level of attention to detail
- – Proven ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues
- – Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely in a team setting
- – Passion for creative problem solving and debugging
- – Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Animation
- – 5+ years of Production experience in a 3D studio environment
- – MEL and Python scripting experience
- – Proficiency in 3D modeling/animation
- – Unity, VR and AR experience
- – Experience with hardware and render farm is a plus
Competitive pay, health/dental insurance and benefits package. Please reply to Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and/or cover letter, and applicant MUST provide links to any on-line examples of your work. All applications will be kept CONFIDENTIAL. This is a full-time on-site position.