Meditech Communications, Inc., a leading animation studio, is looking for a highly skilled and experienced 3D Animation Director to lead the animation team. Our ideal candidate is a proven industry veteran who knows the production process inside and out and also has hands-on experience with Maya experience. A fine eye for design and motion is a must but we can’t overstate the importance of impeccable interpersonal skills.
We are a small company with a dozen or so employees so your contribution will make a big impact. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on high profile projects for Fortune 500 companies. Our space is comfortable and the atmosphere is relaxed. Dedication, passion and ambition are key, but so is a balanced life. We don’t expect nor want you to live at the office. Meditech features a modern office space, collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a leading animation team.
As a 3D Animation Director you’ll be responsible for maintaining efficient workflow and assuring quality. Your time will be divided between leading a team of animators and contributing by doing hands-on animation work. You will work with the creative director and project manager to scope project needs and estimate efforts. You’ll evaluate project requirements and determine the best team member for each task, then closely supervise team members, and monitor daily progress.
- Work with management to scope incoming projects
- Have a solid understanding of the animation team’s workload and capacity
- Conduct daily one-on-one check-ins with animation team members to provide direction and track progress
- Provide input on animation workflows to create efficiency and streamline the production process
- Lead production meetings, huddles, and creative strategy discussions
- Contribute to the animation pipeline in a flexible capacity between modeling, animation, lighting/texturing, etc.
- Foster learning and growth of junior team members
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with Creative Directors/Art Directors/Writers to ensure storyboards come to life and meet creative expectations
- Ability to work with the Account Director on animation timelines
- Flexible and organized enough to manage multiple projects at once
- Able to follow established workflows, standards and project structure
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Desire to learn, grow and take on new responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as 3D artist
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of Autodesk Maya and ZBrush
- Expertise in 3D modeling of objects and characters, rigging, UV mapping, texturing, shaders, lighting and rendering with Vray
- Ability to use post effects, particle systems and color grading
- Ability to optimize animations and poly counts
- Proficiency in 2D motion graphic and typography is a plus
- Experience with VR and AR is a plus
- Medical or pharmaceutical experience a plus
Please reply with a resume and/or cover letter, and applicant MUST provide links to any on-line examples of your work. All applications will be kept CONFIDENTIAL. This is a full-time on-site position.